Nutrition Information Per Cookie
Fat: 2 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Protein: 1 gram
It’s that time of year! Desserts, cookies, chocolates everywhere! Be prepared and make some lower calorie cookies that can easily fit into your daily calories to avoid adding on any pounds this holiday season.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Servings 30 cookies
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a medium bow, using a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into butter and sugar until dough forms. The dough may seem crumbly at first; but it will come together.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for two hours in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 1/4-inch or 1/8-inch thickness.
- Use holiday cookie cutters dipped in flour to make cutouts. Gather scraps and reroll until all the dough is used.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Wait 1 minute and then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.