The muffins are a great example of healthy carbohydrates, especially post-workout. Make sure when you are figuring your macros to include them in. 🙂
*Nutrition information is in the attachment below.
Yields 12 Muffins
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg, large
1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain and 0%
1/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened and vanilla
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup whey protein (original calls for vanilla but we substituted strawberry whey protein)
2 tbsp flax seeds, whole, roasted or raw
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F, spray a regular 12 muffin pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside. Make sure they are well covered. Don’t use muffin liners.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Add egg, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Mix with a fork until smooth and all wet ingredients are incorporated together.
3. In another medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, and flax seeds. Mix with spoon or spatula till mixed together. No need to sift flour.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and mix till combined. Over mixing will make Muffins rubbery. Add strawberries and mix a couple of times just to incorporate into the dough.
5. Using 1/4 cup measuring spoon, distribute evenly into muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until tooth pick comes clean. Cool completely before serving.